Monday 17 October 2011

Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor

Errand requiring immediate attention.  Come.”
The note was on vellum, pierced by the talons of the almost-crow that delivered it.  Karou read the message. ‘He never says please’, she sighed, but she gathered up her things.  When Brimstone called, she always came.



I have seen reviews and lots of excited tweets about this book so was over the moon when I actually won a copy in a competition.  I was beyond excited when it arrived in its hardbacked shiney glory!!

The story is about a young girl, Karou who can cross between Earth and Elsewhere, but that comes to an abrupt halt when the doors to Elsewhere are closed intentionally by gorgeous winged creatures for want of a better word!

Karou must find herself and who or what she is, so its really a story of her and how she “became”.  Laini Taylor’s writing is brilliant, so descriptive and drew you into the book and the story it created.  I could actually believe the places and people existed!  Such a beautiful, flamboyant imagination! !

The ending, I thought, was left fantastically perfect, leading you on to book 2 and wanting more NOW, which in my opinion cant come quick enough!

Such a beautifully written book, that I would definitely recommend to readers, it kept me awake at night I just couldn’t put it down !!


No comments:

Post a Comment